Who is PazNaz?
Welcome to First Church of the Nazarene of Pasadena! PazNaz is an intergenerational, intercultural, and missional church that loves people, Jesus, and the Bible. Our church seeks to join Christ on mission throughout the San Gabriel Valley as well as the greater Los Angeles area.
- Bible Study
What does PazNaz Believe?
Eight Agreed Statements
These are the beliefs Nazarenes hold to be true. They are common to Christians world-wide.
- We believe in one God – the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the Old and New Testament Scriptures, given by plenary inspiration, contain all truth necessary to faith and Christian living.
- We believe that people are born with a fallen nature, and are, therefore, inclined to evil, and that continually.
- We believe that the finally impenitent are hopelessly and eternally lost.
- We believe that the atonement through Jesus Christ is for the whole human race; and that whosoever repents and believes in the Lord Jesus Christ is justified and regenerated and saved from the dominion of sin.
- We believe that believers experience the ministry of the Holy Spirit, enabling them to live godly lives and to continue in spiritual growth.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit bears witness to the new birth, and to the sanctifying work of God in our lives.
- We believe that our Lord will return, the dead will be raised, and the final judgment will take place.
If you still have any questions about our beliefs, the church, our location, or even what a "Nazarene" is, please feel free to contact the church directly. A member of our staff would be happy to answer you in a timely manner.